A good relationship with your business adviser may last a long time – perhaps even as long as you’re running your business. Or it may be that you have successive business advisers as your needs change, seeking a new, fresh adviser relationship as your business evolves or when new challenges arise.
Regardless of the duration of your relationship, an adviser will not only to improve your business, but by doing so enhance your quality of life. By partnering with the right business adviser, you can become a better business owner, achieve greater security (financial and otherwise), and improve your life. How? Here are five ways such a business partnership can help you have a better life:
1. A business adviser will help you achieve your financial goals by clarifying your vision, advising on the strategy and development of your business, and paving the way for a wealth-enhancing exit. They will also assist with day-to-day cashflow planning to ease any concerns about paying the next salary bill.
2. A business adviser will help you create a better-balanced week/year and use your time more effectively. This may include techniques for prioritising tasks, or supporting a mindset that you don’t have to work all the hours to be a successful business owner.
3. A business adviser will help you get things done – and, more importantly, get the right things done. This means not being distracted or led off-track by things that appear urgent but aren’t actually that important.
4. A business adviser will help you become a more confident leader. By clarifying your vision for your business, you can elevate your role as business owner out of the day-to-day to a more forward-thinking leadership role. Not only is this more satisfying for you, it’s more effective for your business.
5. A business adviser will help you create security through succession planning and business continuity planning. This means, if you’re not around (either by design or through an unplanned absence), the business will continue and your wealth generation will be uninterrupted.
January is often portrayed as a period of reflection and a time to decide on some changes for the year ahead. In practice, many business owners simply don’t feel they have the time to reflect, refresh and make changes at this time of year. A business adviser can not only help you review and identify the things that need to change in the year ahead, they’ll work alongside you to put those plans into action.
As a business owner, you probably identify with some (or all) of the five areas above. If that’s the case, now is the ideal time to consider how you want your life to improve in 2018, and discover how Henchards can help you get there.