This year’s Henchards Christmas business lunch was a great success. A record attendance after over ten years of hosting these monthly events, great fun, people making new connections and money raised through two raffles for our nominated charity Woking & Sam Beare Hospices.
Why do we run these lunches? There are several reasons, both self-interested and altruistic, and the reasons are probably the same for many companies active in their local business community:
- It forms part of our wider marketing activity by creating an event that builds, promotes and maintains brand awareness for Henchards.
- The lunches provide a venue and occasion to bring together our associates with whom we have a strong and complementary business relationship.
- A visit to one of lunches helps build confidence in the minds of prospective Henchards clients as they see a strong community of experts.
- Our clients – business owners – have access to a wide range of expertise at our lunches that may offer them options to help with different aspects of their business.
- A strong community leads to trust and referrals.
- Together, we create awareness for Woking & Sam Beare Hospices, which gives us all a sense of purpose and giving back.
- We create relationships that extend beyond business – friendships are formed.
Having hosted the lunches for almost 11 years what makes them a success? It isn’t anything clever. It’s about being clear of the purpose, straightforward in execution, consistent in the experience delivered and patient in assessing the benefits.
That said we learn something from every lunch. This year….the shortcomings in buying a cheap raffle ticket book! When you are handling hundreds of tickets you realise the importance of perforations! Having to resort to scissors to cut out the tickets from the book is not a productivity hack – but all for a good cause, of course.
Merry Christmas and we look forward to seeing you in the New Year – our first lunch of 2023 is on Tuesday 10th January. Get in touch for your invitation.